Friday, November 26, 2010

There's a yolk sac in my uterus!!!

I had my ultrasound this afternoon. The lady was so nice (they aren't supposed to tell you anything at all as I learned from the horrible experience at the hospital) and I actually suspect she was the radiographer (I'll explain later.) Keeping consistent my doctor's office didn't say it was an ob ultrasound. She found out when I told her it was to rule out ectopic and I only found out I was pregnant through blood because of the pain. She asked if this was my first pregnancy and I explained it was my 3rd all within the year. She then asked if I've ever delivered and I said yes at 24 weeks, she had HLHS and the last pregnancy I had a scan at 8 weeks measuring 6 with no yolk sac or fetal pole. She did a stomach ultrasound first and saw "something" in my uterus and that it was probably very early (it measured 4.5 mm.) I confirmed uterus not fallopian tubes and she showed me the screen and the small black dot. She then did a transvaginal ultrasound and then was very happy to see the yolk sac. She showed me (although it just looked like a slightly different shade of grey to me.) She never told me what it measured this way but she said everything looked good at this stage. She made sure to say at the moment it looks good but who knows about tomorrow. Trust me I know all too well there is never a safe point in a pregnancy, especially the first 12 weeks. All that matters at this stage is I've had my first good ultrasound experience! This is the first time I've left happy and not in tears. I think she was the radiographer as she was the only person I saw not wearing scrubs (she was wearing back pants and top under lab coat) and after it was over she said she'd type it up and send it to my doctor right away. Ultrasound techs, at least in Canada don't do the report. The pictures are given to the radiographer who interprets and send the results to the doctor.

I made the mistake of looking for animals at the spca online last night. I've fallen for an adult cat..... with 1 eye. I'm trying to convince Dan to go the spca tomorrow and look at it although I don't think it's going to happen :( It's kind of hard to convince him to get an animal he doesn't want when he will have to clean up after it hopefully for the next 9 months!

2 comments:

  1. That's great news! I'm excited for you, praying everything goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful news! And I remember seeing my little guy's yolk sack and fetal pole, and now I am gazing at his sweet face as he sleeps so peacefully. What tremendous miracles these little ones are, especially after only experiencing the grief of saying goodbye.

    ReplyDelete