Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holding a new born

My friend had her baby this morning. I said in an earlier post that I'd asked her that since she was having a boy (and I thought that'd be easier on me) if I could come and hold the baby at an early age to help move on. She was having a scheduled c section this morning so me and 2 of the girls from that lab went to visit her in the hospital this afternoon. While it was emotional and I did tear up I managed to hold it together.  I'm so happy I did this today. 

There's going to be a baby shower for one of the girls at the lab I worked at for 2 years. She had her baby in early November and we've yet to have the shower. She asked if I could come to the shower on her last day before going off on Mat leave and I told her I would. At that point she didn't know what she was having and when I found out she had a girl I was surprised at how upset I was. Everyone we knew who was pregnant had boys, so to hear someone had a girl just hit a little too close. The past few days I've been trying to decide if I should go to the shower or write a note in the card saying I'd love to meet her and get together but I don't want to do it with so many people around. I was worried about seeing this baby and crying. If I do that it's not a big deal, everyone is really supportive but if that does happen I'd rather there only be a few people there. Now after holding the baby today I feel like I can handle the shower (I think.)

I have an interview for a new position on Monday and I'm pretty sure I won't get it. I've been wanting to get into this department for a while but they are training 10 people in the company to become senior managers and I'm pretty sure 2 of them will get the positions for the training and practice. Oh well, I'll go in and work on my interview skills! One of the jobs is a temp for a year and then you go back to my normal job, which I don't want since I'm hoping to go off on Mat leave in July and I would turn down that job if it was offered. The one I really want is the back up position which is permanent. Basically I'd only work there if someone is sick or on holidays. Also if you have a permanent position within a department they have to offer an open position to you first before they post it company wide.

1 comment:

  1. Im praying hard for the shower. If holding the baby in the hospital helped maybe going to a shower would too? I have never lost a child so I couldnt know what you are going through but just from what I read its a thought. I watch and read your journal all the time. Keep wrighting your Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete