Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Moving forward.....I think

I had my appointment with the psychologist today. It went really well and although this first session was just to get to know me and what's happened I left feeling better. He asked me if the hospital had suggested any books on loss and it reminded me that I was given a book called still to be born. I started reading it again tonight and it's helped.

The big moving forward step the title suggests is that I've changed the back round picture on my laptop. Here's the picture I had up
I think it made me sad every time I opened the laptop. When I put the picture up it was right after we got home from the hospital and I worried I'd forget her. I now know that's not possible and feel like I don't need that constant reminder. I've replaced it with a picture I took on a hike recently. We spend a lot of time outdoors and I love this picture :)

I've gotten over my fear of having pictures of us online so since I'm in a picture mood here's one of Dan and I during that hike. We managed to find a patch of snow and took the opportunity to have our first snow picture of the year! It's late and I'm on call tomorrow morning so I'll end here.

No comments:

Post a Comment