Thursday, May 16, 2013

update after speaking with the doctor about HCG

So I may have gotten a little ahead of myself this afternoon. Before the results appeared I'd decided on my strategy. If the test had doubled I wouldn't call just wait until next Friday for the ultrasound and assume all is well. If they were decreasing I'd call my family doctors office to book an appointment so she could refer me to the recurrent pregnancy loss clinic and if the results were in between I'd call and find out what that means.
Since the results were in between I called and waited for them to call me back. She called around 4:15 and told me they still hadn't gotten the results of the test from today. I told her I saw them and that they'd been online since around 2:30 to which she made a joke about how I knew the results before she did. Anyway she asked what they were and when I told her it was 12 560 she was very happy with them. I asked her if I should be concerned that they didn't double and she said no because after 6000 they no longer double every 48-72 hours. She said what's important is that they're going up and substantially, she'd be concerned if they were only 9000 but she said 12 560 was great and she's confident that the ultrasound didn't go as planned because I was too early especially since I have no bleeding or cramping and the only reason for concern was the ultrasound.

I've decided I'm going to put trust in the doctor's intuition and expect that everything's ok. By no means am I excited or expecting to have another baby in the house in January but I'm not stressing about it. Now I just have to wait another week for the second ultrasound next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment