Thursday, March 14, 2013

I love my job but.....


Sometimes it really sucks working in the lab. Ever since I came back from holidays we've been getting a lot of prenatal bloodwork and genetic testing. I'm surprised at how much it makes me sad seeing people around the same due date I had.

I'm still waiting for my hcg to drop. It must be very low by now but it still shows a faint line with a hpt. I tested again this afternoon and was hoping nothing would show up but I guess I do still have some hcg in my system. I'm getting so frustrated. I just want this "pregnancy" to be over so we can move on. Also my doctor called Monday but I wasn't home and she didn't leave a message. I thought she'd call again Tuesday but she didn't so I called the office Wednesday. The receptionist looked in my file but wasn't sure why she'd called me and wasn't in that day.I told her if she could just let her know I called back and that it's ok for her to leave a message if I'm not home. I was expecting her to call tonight but she didn't so i guess I'll try calling again tomorrow.

Lauren's almost over her cold but is now on antibiotics. Ever since we've been home her stools have been very runny and she goes a lot more often then normal. I'm a little reluctant to call it diarrhea but it's on the verge. The past 3 weeks every once in a while she'd grab herself and say ouch so I suspected she might have a bladder infection but when were in Australia I tested her urine and the only thing that showed up was +3 for leukocytes which she's had before and my doctor didn't think it was a bladder infection. Anyway because of the loose stools often she's developed a bit of a diaper rash. The past few days when she pees she cries out in pain so took her to a clinic yesterday. He gave me a prescription for cream and  wanted me to come back today with a urine sample of Lauren's. We also did a stool culture and o&p due to travel but are expecting it to come back fine. Lauren refused to pee this morning and my mum had her diaper off from 8-12 but she'd pee a little, say ouch then stop. She was obviously stopping herself from peeing because it hurt. Finally when I came home she did pee on the potty but she started crying and was obviously in a lot of pain. I took the urine in and it was still +3 for leukocytes, +1 for blood and +2 for something else that I can't remember so she's now on antibiotics to hopefully help. I hate giving her antibiotics because the 8 hour interval never really works out well. At the moment the best I could come out with was 2pm, 10pm ( more like 9:30 right before bed that's been pushed back) and 5 am (likely 7 instead or sooner depending on when she wakes).

No comments:

Post a Comment