Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ultrasound

I had my ultrasound this afternoon and everything looks good! Of course it's too early to tell about the heart but I'm just happy that things are progressing well at this point. To answer the question about how far along I am? 12 weeks! I'm only 3-4 days off what my LMP was saying so this baby was just a slow starter. I still think it has to do with my inverted uterus. They say the dates from early scans can be out by up to 2 weeks if you have it and it corrects itself around 12 weeks. While I'm still nervous I can start to relax a little about miscarriage. The heart rate was a good 156. Dan just told me he thought he could see 4 chambers but who knows what stage it starts changing and I'd rather not get my hopes up.

I was really nervous about going back to the same place we had my first scan with Hailey but it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting (I did have palpitations all morning from my high anxiety though.) I knew they started doing reno's and it looks like a completely different place when you first walk in. This made me more relaxed. Normally the spouse has to wait in the waiting room until the last 10 minutes of the scan but she told him to come in right away. Then we walked to the old part of the lab and thankfully didn't go into the same room. She was so nice and sweet. The first thing she said when we started doing the ultrasound was that the baby was very active. I think she partly said this to calm me down in knowing that the baby was ok but he/she was being very active so she tried getting me to hold my breath in order to get some decent pictures. She then said she wouldn't charge me for the pictures either (I'm really happy about this because although I would've paid a lot more then $12 for the pics they're not the best quality and printed on normal paper.)

All in all it's been a really good day. I've had an ultrasound where you can see the baby and it's ended well. This is also my first ultrasound that's turned out ok when I wasn't by myself. Hopefully I can now start to relax and enjoy the next 8 weeks before I start worrying too much about the echo.


1 comment: