Monday, August 30, 2010

Get together for Hailey

On Saturday most of the family on my mum's side got together to spread Hailey's ashes. We decided to do this at my grandfather's grave. We all met and headed down there at 2pm. Afterwards everyone came over for a BBQ at our place. It was really great. I really feel like we've had more closure. I also think everyone else has been able to get closure from this too. When I was thinking about doing it I wanted to involve my family, so my mum was the first to scatter some of her ashes, then my sister, dad, grandmother, Daniel and myself. Afterwards I went around and gave everyone a balloon while my mum handed out sharpies and asked if anyone would like to put a message for Hailey. Then we let all the balloons go. I'll put a picture up of the balloons flying away. There were 24 people at our house for the bbq including 3 kids so although it was chaotic I wouldn't change a thing (except to be there celebrating Hailey's birth and here being healthy of course.)


On a different note I think I've found what I'd like to do to remember Hailey. A patient today had a tattoo of her child's footprint on her wrist. I couldn't believe how huge a full term baby's foot is compared to Hailey's footprints! My husband isn't a tattoo person so I can see an argument happening when I tell him. I think I'll try to figure out where to have it first before I tell him about it. I'll put a pic of her footprints up too so you can see just how small they really were. My doctor called tonight at 8:30 to talk about my results. She wants to do another HCG next week to make sure it's gone to negative. I really love my doctor. She tried calling friday but my husband stole my cell phone for the day and talked to her. She told me tonight that it's her week off but she'd go in and put a note in my chart to have it faxed to whatever lab I want.


I never get tired of looking at pics of her or things that remind me of her :)


No comments:

Post a Comment