Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Frustrated after OB appointment

I had the dates wrong and my OB appointment was today not yesterday. He was running an hour late for our appointment at 10:15 and then said that they normally do a non-stress test at 7days overdue as well as an ultrasound and because I'm now 5 days overdue he's going to TRY to book them for friday. He then said he'd send my papers into the hospital for an induction date and if I haven't heard anything then to call Monday when I'm 10 days overdue after 10am to see if they can fit me in.

I've really liked my OB up until today but it's almost like he had no idea about my chart. He could tell I was upset and told me not to worry about the labour part and they'd go over my options for pain when I got there. I told him I didn't care about the labour or delivery. He then asked what was wrong and I started crying and mentioned my fear about stillbirth. He said to not worry about it. It's rare and won't happen. I pointed out how rare the heart defect was and he then started talking about how the baby would be cleared by a paediatrician before leaving the hospital and would have an echo within the first month. He then said that a lot of the time they air on the side of caution with ultrasound results so everything was probably fine with the baby. I then said I was talking about my last pregnancy and he started talking about how common miscarriage is and that a lot of times there's a reason for it like a heart problem and that this baby seems to be healthy and everything should be fine. At that point I just wanted to get out of the office as he clearly had no idea what I was going on about and didn't seem to want to address any of my concerns, instead just brush them off as it's unlikely to happen so don't worry about it.

So at this stage I have no clear induction date, I have no tests to make sure baby is ok at the moment and only 2 days for them to try to fit me in. I'm so upset and frustrated and I'm starting to resent this baby. I JUST WANT IT OUT. I want to be done with pregnancy. I want to stop worrying and I just want to hold my baby safely in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment