Monday, July 25, 2011

False Labour

I had false labour last night. At around 10pm I was reading a book in bed when I got the first contraction. I got a little excited wondering if this would be the start but didn't want to get my hopes up. I thought something was a little off when I had the next contraction 4 minutes later. I then started timing them. They were a little erratic, between 3-5 minutes apart and lasting anywhere from 30-69 seconds. Being a first timer I didn't really know for sure if it was real or false labour but I've always said I'd stay at home as long as possible so there was no way I was going to the hospital to find out. I also didn't want to wake my mum as she works early mornings. We kept busy and decided that we'd install the car seat base so that when we do leave for the hospital we just have to grab the car seat on the way out the door and click it into place. The contractions stopped around 2am.

I'll be honest..... they hurt! I was telling Dan that although they were bearable I had to stop what I was doing and focus on trying to get past the pain. It would start in my abdomen and the pain would intensify and spread across my stomach and into my back. Around 1am I started to feel nauseous during the contractions. As much as it hurt and I know that pain will only get worse the further into labour I get I still can't wait. Every contraction I'm one step closer to meeting our baby!

Hopefully real labour will start very soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment