Saturday, July 9, 2011

38 weeks!

How far along? 38 weeks 
Baby's size? Watermelon
Total Weight Gain: I've stopped checking, it was making me too sad.

Bellybutton:  flat
Stretchmarks: stomach, hips and starting on me legs(??)
Maternity Clothes: Yup but they're starting to fit less comfortably.
Gender:  I caved! Not allowed to say though
Movement: Still moves a lot, but more at certain times of day. This baby already has a schedule!
Sleep: Better now the itchiness isn't as bad
Symptoms: Although I'm tired from not sleeping much I'm feeling surprisingly well. Getting more braxton hicks lately.
Food Aversions: Nothing
Food Cravings: Candy again
Best Moments this week: Dan telling me he now feels ready for me to have the baby (thanks!)
What I am Looking forward to: Hoping to meet the baby this week (wishful thinking??)



I had an OB appointment on Tuesday and I meant to go in and ask all my questions about labour but totally forgot. All I was concerned about was my itchiness! He gave me a different prescription for cream as this one is stronger with 2% cortisone instead of the 1%. It has  helped but it tends to only stop the itching for a few hours, which is better then nothing because at least I can sleep for a few hours before I wake up and can't fall back to sleep. I can only use it 2-3 times a day so I put some on first thing in the morning and right before I go to bed.  Unfortunately it has spread and I'm now getting itchy bumps on by my stretch marks on my sides. I've also started to get bumps on my legs and thighs which are itchy. Good thing the doctor gave me 60 mls and a repeat prescription! I've been surprised at how great I feel this late in the pregnancy. I worked my last Saturday today and only have 3 8 hr shifts this coming week before I start my maternity leave. 


I haven't really had any early labour symptoms, besides the odd backpain and period type cramps on and off. I still feel like this baby will be early and technically it still has just under 2 weeks to prove me right! Can't wait to hold and kiss this baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment