Saturday, July 24, 2010

sharp pain

I'm nearly 7 weeks now. I will be in 2 days. This pregnancy has been completely different so far. I still feel great in the morning and really all times of the day. No morning sickness. With Hailey I was worried about the cramps I was having from weeks 4-14, this time I've gotten them very rarely. My only real pregnancy symptoms are needing to pee lots, being hungry all the time (I feel into the trap last time and ate whatever I wanted "because I was pregnant" and still need to lose a bit of weight, so this time I'm eating more fruits and veggies) and I'm exhausted. Is it normal to want to go to bed at 6pm?

Yesterday morning at around 10am I was at work and suddenly got this really sharp pain that went across my stomach. It didn't last more then a few seconds and happened twice. I was so sure I was miscarrying but so far no blood and I haven't had much pain since. I guess I'm a little worried about ectopic pregnancy. If I go off what a normal cycle is, conception should have taken place on June 20th. We had sex on the 18th. I know sperm can survive for 2 days, but it just seems so unreal and really lucky. I just worry that the sperm made it to my fallopian tubes and waited till the egg appeared and stuck there. Maybe I'm just stressing for no reason. I'm really looking forward to my early ultrasound on Aug 3rd. 10 days away!!!!

I'm starting to worry about how attached I'm becoming to this pregnancy. I really have high hopes now. I guess in a way I feel like this baby is our chance at happiness. This baby will never replace Hailey, but I know that if we would've continued with the pregnancy I would still be pregnant with Hailey and this baby would not be here. I really think I'll be devestated if I miscarry. It's interesting though because I know that the heart has already begun to develop but I'm not worried about that. I'm stressing about miscarrying instead. Maybe I'll worry about the heart when we get past the 13 week mark. I also think that because I've decided we'll carry on with the pregnancy if we get another HLHS diagnosis I'm less worried. There won't be a decision to make. We've already dealt with being given that shocking news that I think I'm more prepared this time for the possibility.

Fingers crossed all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment