Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Pregnant?

First of all I should say that yes there is a chance I might be pregnant. The night before the wedding my husband and I had quite a bit to drink and decided against using a condom. Having done the math after it was right around the time I would normally be ovulating, although who knows when that is since it was my first cycle after giving birth. I haven't had anything to drink since that night!

This past week I've been really irritable which I've put off as PMS and my sister asked me if I was pregnant on Sunday because I've had a really crappy short term memory. I knew there is a chance I am. Well if my cycle is back on track I was supposed to get my period Monday. It's now Wednesday and am still waiting. I decided to take a pregnancy test and both tests have come up positive. I'm having a hard time at the moment believing I am pregnant though.

I know every pregnancy is different and I do have some of the same symptoms I had last time. The main one that worried me for 13 weeks was the cramping that felt like menstral cramps. I remember going to the washroom every few hours expecting to see blood because of how bad they were. I haven't had that at the moment. I also don't know how I feel if I am pregnant. I'm having a hard time believing it and if it is true I'm going to have a hard time excepting it.

My main concerns are that my HCG levels are still high enough post pregnancy to give a positive result. Because I haven't had 2 cycles in a row to reference how long apart they are I might just be late (before I got pregnant with Hailey I was always the same day and time each month.) However my sister is a Lab Tech and says that your levels should drop quite quickly after you've delivered. I now wish I had taken a test earlier to see if it was negative to be sure. I also had spotting last week.

I'm worried about what being pregnant means. I shouldn't have gotten pregnant yet. The doctor's told us to wait 2 normal cycles before trying again to give my body time to heal. I haven't even had one normal cycle if I am. I asked my friend today how long she waited before getting pregnant after her miscarriage at 13 weeks and she said she miscarried in July, they did the D&C in August and she was pregnant by October. This makes me feel better because she too only had one period before conceiving. I also have to believe that if your body wasn't ready you wouldn't get pregnant, but I know it's not ideal.

I've made a doctor's appointment for Friday and am hoping she will do an HCG to see how far along I am and to see if my levels are rising, falling or staying the same. So at the moment I'm in a bit of shock at the possibility I might be pregnant and am no where near excepting it. All I know for sure is that if I am we will just have to move forward and whatever's meant to be will be as it's now out of our control.

No comments:

Post a Comment