Friday, June 21, 2013

11/12 weeks

How far along? 11/12 weeks
Baby's size? lime/plum
Total weight gain: Starting pregnancy weight: 148.6lbs  Now: 151.8 Up 3.2 lbs
Bellybutton: In
Stretchmarks: I never got rid of the stretch marks from Hailey and Lauren
Maternity Clothes: Nope
Gender: Don't think we'll find out
Movement: None
Sleep: Since the bleeding it's been terrible. I've been waking up at 3:30 and not able to go back to sleep for a few hours.
Symptoms: None. Occasional nausea but nothing bad and the peeing at night has lessened.
Food Aversions:None
Food Cravings: ritz crackers and cheese!
Best Moments this week: Seeing the baby moving after the bleeding (I'm tearing up just thinking about the relief I felt!)
What I miss: Nothing, so thankful to be pregnant again
What I am looking forward to: My doctors appointment Monday. Hopefully we'll have answers from the ultrasound.

As my previous posts show it's been a crazy, stressful couple days. The bleeding has now stopped. I used the doppler yesterday and was relieved to heart the heartbeat. I'll wait until tomorrow to hopefully listen again and then wait for my appointment Monday afternoon. I've been taking it easier since the bleeding started. Normally I walk to work but I'll be taking the car at least until after my appointment. I've also been lifting Lauren a lot less and moving slower at work instead of my normal fast past. I ended up telling the regular staff I was pregnant and what happened. Ideally I would've liked to wait a few more weeks but with what happened Tuesday I felt like they should know incase something went wrong again while I was at work. Yesterday was my first day back and they were on me to stop working too hard and sit down a bit more. It's nice to know they have the baby and my best interest in mind and are willing to help me out when needed.
I did my prenatal blood work yesterday as well. I'm happy that everything came back normal. Here's the results that I care about:
Ferritin: 53 which is great. I'm nowhere near anemic and the iron I've been taking is working
Hemoglobin: 135 also nowhere near anemic as well which means I didn't lose too much blood the other day.
TSH 1.41 I'm thinking I won't have to do this test anymore while pregnant since the results have been great but of course I'll confirm with my doctor Monday. I'm actually thinking my family doctor will call tonight to speak with me about the results.

I've decided to do 11/12 weeks instead of choosing one. The ultrasound done Wednesday dated me at 10 weeks 4 days so based on my dates. I think I turn 12 weeks today and the ultrasound says 11 weeks tomorrow. I'm sure we'll figure out the proper due date later with the other ultrasounds I'll be having. I'm trying not to focus on this aspect. I had someone remind me that even though a lot of people go over 10 days overdue most of the time everything turns out fine. I really need to try and focus on the positives this time. I'm hoping this will be my last pregnancy and I need to start enjoying it instead of stressing about what may or may not happen. In the end I have no control over how this baby will come into the world or when.

No comments:

Post a Comment