Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Ultrasound

They called first thing in the morning around 6:30 to say that my ultrasound would be this afternoon at 3:30. I was a little annoyed that I had to wait all day but we managed to find the heartbeat with the doppler this morning and I was happy with that. They called back around 8 and asked if I could come in for 10:15 instead. Perfect! My dad came out and watched Lauren while I went to the appointment.
Thankfully the baby was very active, so active it took her a while to be able to get the heart rate, which was 171. I'll have to wait for the report and speak to my doctor to find out if there was a reason for the bleeding but honestly at this point I don't care. All that matter is the baby and myself are ok. If we find out what happened and can prevent it in the future then great, if not that's ok for now.
As for measurements this time the baby measured 10 weeks 4 days. 3 days ahead of the previous ultrasound yet still quite a ways away from my estimated due date. Again, at this point I'm feeling like it doesn't matter as long as everything is ok for the time being. I'm going to try to get them to go off this second date. At least that way I got a positive test 3 days after ovulation instead of day of!
Here's the pic from today. The bleeding has pretty much stopped and is now minimal spotting.

No comments:

Post a Comment