Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Bleeding

This morning when I woke up I thought I saw a tiny (very tiny) amount of blood when I wiped. I called the doctors office when they opened at 8 and asked if I could move up my Thursday appointment and they were going to see me at 1:20 today. I didn't have anymore spotting since that one little tiny bit first thing in the morning.
Around 8:45 I was entering a patient and when I stood up to take them to the back I felt a gush of blood come out. I quickly hurried the back told them to have a seat and as I walked by on my way to the bathroom asked one of the girls if she could take the when she was done. In the bathroom I started crying. I pulled down my pants and my underwear was covered in blood. The panty liner I'd put on did nothing to absorb all that blood. Thankfully I was wearing black pants. I told that coworker what was happening and she told me she only had tampons not pads but we checked the bathroom and I stole one from somebody. I then felt another gush. After I called my boss and told her what was happening and she told me to leave and not worry about work. I felt a few more gushes as I left work. I went home and changed the now soaked pad and called the doctors office to see if they could get me in sooner. I told her how much I was bleeding and she said to go to the hospital instead of seeing them. I was seen fairly quickly. They did some bloodwork and the doctor came in and did an ultrasound. I was so relieved to see the baby move but it took a while for them to be able to see a heartbeat because the machine was so crappy. I told them that there was a discrepancy with my dates and what the ultrasound said and that I was pretty sure I'd need another one because Lauren caught up as well around 12 weeks. I go for another ultrasound sometime tomorrow to check the dates and see I'd we can find the reason for the bleeding. I haven't had any gushes for 5 hours and the bleeding has died down quite a bit.
Now it's just waiting to see if everything's ok and if the placenta is still attached. I wish I could just have a normal pregnancy but I've given up in that. I'm trying to focus on the positive at the moment. There's a heartbeat and hopefully there will be one tomorrow morning too.

No comments:

Post a Comment