Saturday, February 9, 2013

Week 1 in Australia

We've been in Australia for a week now and the weather has not been as good as expected (considering it's mid summer). I can't really complain as although it rains and most days are overcast the temperature is still around 27 and when the sun is on you it feels a lot warmer. I've got a nice tan going already and we've spent most days so far in the water at some point during the day.

Yesterday Lauren became a cousin. My sister-in-law had her baby by scheduled c-section in the morning. We went to visit in the evening and I was impressed at how well Lauren was with him. The whole walk from the car to the hospital room Lauren kept saying "baby" over and over again. She gave her cousin LOTS of kisses and tried to give a few hugs. Hopefully she'll do just as well with her brother or sister in September.

I'm now 11 weeks. Things have been going well for the most part although I'm starting to get a little worried that I still can't find the heartbeat with the doppler. Last night I had a small amount of brown spotting but I'm trying not to worry as I had that with Lauren at 10 weeks as well. The only difference is that we were able to find her heartbeat. I talked to Dan the other night and told him that if this pregnancy doesn't work out I didn't want to try again for a while. I'm trying to stay positive. I'm hopeful that everything will be ok and it's great that I've made it to the 11 week mark.




No comments:

Post a Comment