Monday, February 18, 2013

Update on bleeding

I forgot to update earlier until someone reminded me so sorry it's late. The bleeding stopped Friday afternoon (Australia time) so I really only ended up bleeding for a few hours and haven't had any bleeding or spotting since. We went for our "ghetto" ultrasound yesterday at my sister in law's vet office but were unable to see the baby because the placenta was in the way. I knew this would be a possibility because the machine is meant for abdominal ultrasounds on dogs and cats.

I'm now well into my 12th week so I'm hoping that since the bleeding has stopped all is well. I'll definitely be bringing it up at my appointment the day after we get home. I'm seeing the doctor in the office instead of a midwife because he has to order the echo and wanted to meet with me first. I suspect if he can't find the heartbeat with the doppler he'll send me for an ultrasound to make sure everything's ok. If he doesn't, I'll see how I feel at the time but will likely ask for one. I've given up trying to find the heartbeat with the doppler and have decided I'm just going to relax and enjoy what's left of our holiday. We will be home in 2 weeks and I'm sure it'll go by just as fast as these first 2 weeks have.

No comments:

Post a Comment