Thursday, February 14, 2013

12 weeks

How far along? 12 weeks
Baby's size? Plum
Total weight gain: 9lbs (147) *shocked I haven't gained weight the first 2 weeks of holidays!*
Bellybutton: In
Stretchmarks: I never got rid of the stretchmarks from pregnancies 1 and 2!
Maternity Clothes: I still fit into my normal pants (barely) but I've pretty much switched over to maternity.
Gender: Don't think we'll find out
Movement: None
Sleep: Besides last night and the stress of spotting my sleep has been ok. I didn't have a problem with the time difference and thankfully neither did Lauren.
Symptoms: Occasional nausea and tiredness. Most of the time I forgot that I'm pregnant! 
Food Aversions: None
Food Cravings: Salt and Vinegar chips
Best Moments this week: Finally hearing the heartbeat with the doppler
What I miss: Nothing
What I am looking forward to: Feeling movement

I'm posting this a little early. I don't actually turn 12 weeks until the 16th but we're going away for a few days and I won't have time to write or post.
The bleeding I had last night stopped. I had a little bit of blood when I wiped this morning at 7:30 am and nothing since. I'm thinking everything's ok but I've told Dan no more sex until after my midwife appointment on March 4th. He's not too happy about that but he understands I don't need the extra stress of spotting.
I'm unsure if I've heard the heartbeat since. It's so hard to hear because the baby really is RIGHT under the placenta. You hear a lot of swooshing and I guess the best way to describe would be windstorm sounds and it's so loud that you really have to listen behind it. Sometimes I think I pick it up for a few seconds but then it's gone. I've come to realize that I really am attached to this pregnancy. I was devastated last night when I saw blood and obviously couldn't sleep. I've since come to realize that no matter what happens this time around I am forever grateful to have Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment