Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hailey's 1 year anniversary

It's been nearly a week since Hailey's one year mark. I was surprised at how well the day went. On the 27th I went to the grave and left flowers as this was the day her heart stopped and she passed away. I'd asked a co worker who's daughter likes baking if she could bake some cupcakes for me, so on the 28th we had cupcakes with pink icing for Hailey. I brought the rest over to my mum's and Dan and I went to the grave together and ate one there. It was a nice moment between us. After we left the flowers we stood for a few moments and talked about how we were both amazed that it's been a year already. Of course I cried and was a bit surprised to look over and see Dan crying as well (this is only the 2nd time I've seen him cry.) I know he's cried about Hailey but he tends to do it on his own. It was nice for us to be able to grieve together in that moment.

I ended up buying a total of 3 sets of flowers. One I placed at the grave on the 27th, one of the 28th and I also bought flowers for our living room. Originally they were up on the fireplace with the pictures and the rest of Hailey's ashes but they kept falling over so now they sit by the window and every once in a while I'll walk into the living room and can smell the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment