Monday, May 23, 2011

31 weeks

How far along? 31 weeks 
Baby's size? Squash
Total Weight Gain: I've stopped checking, it was making me too sad. 

Bellybutton:  Still in but it's getting closer. I've never been so creeped out by my belly button!
Stretchmarks: Still only on my hips
Maternity Clothes: Yup
Gender:  I caved! Not allowed to say though
Movement: Started getting less movements. The baby only kicks a few times a day but I've started counting movements to keep me sane!
Sleep: Pretty good besides getting up to pee.
Symptoms: Starting to get tired easier.
Food Aversions: Nothing
Food Cravings: Candy again
Best Moments this week: Ultrasound :)
What I miss: Nothing
What I am Looking forward to: It's a pretty boring week.



Not much has happened this week. I'm starting to feel like these postings are getting repetitive. My sister's cat was staying with us while she's away on her honeymoon but after 2 nights of hardly getting any sleep while the cat tore around the house we took her to my mums! Daniel is just not a cat person and the final straw came at 4am. I'd just gotten her to settle down on the bed and we'd fallen back asleep when woke Dan up by licking his face. He was NOT happy.


Nothing new happened at my OB appointment this week and I ended up cancelling my last 2 ultrasounds at 36 and 38 weeks. My last ultrasound will now be at 34+6 days so I'm hoping I can handle going 5 weeks without seeing the baby. I've really started to like hearing every 2 weeks that the baby is healthy and doing well. It's also amazing to see how much the baby's growing. The face has really started to get chubby :) On Thursday she was showing me the baby and it started blinking and then opening it's mouth. Although I'm nowhere near as emotionally attached to this baby as I was to Hailey during her pregnancy these ultrasounds really help me bond with the baby. 


There's something I've been struggling with. My dad's wife is schizophrenic. I don't have an issue with my child being around someone with mental health issues who's stable (although I'd never leave them alone with a baby) but I don't want her around my child at all at the moment. My dad says she stable and taking her meds but we went over for a BBQ on Wednesday and she refused to come downstairs to socialize or eat with us. My grandma has been staying there for the past week as she came down for my sister's wedding and told me that she's still VERY jealous. That's where the real problem lies. For some reason she's very jealous of me when I'm around my dad. I guess because I don't see him much so I get most of his attention (which is probably why she wouldn't come down to eat as that was her way of getting attention?) This doesn't bother me, but I worry about my baby. A baby needs attention and this will be his first grandchild that he'll get to see outside of the hospital. I don't know how to bring this up with my dad. I don't want her around the baby until the baby is old enough to talk and can tell me if something happens. Maybe I'm just being overprotective? I couldn't live with myself and I know my dad couldn't either if anything happened though. I've been thinking that the only time she will be aloud around the baby is when we go over to his place for christmas dinner. I think I'll start having him come to us for fathers day and we normally just go out for dinner for his birthday. It really sucks though. I miss my dad and all the BBQ's we used to have at his place. We'll see how it goes I guess. Maybe we'll still go over and if things don't improve leave it at she's not aloud to be left alone with the baby. At least I don't have to worry about that for another 8-10 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment