Wednesday, May 4, 2011

28 weeks

Ok I've been slacking a little. I'm writting this 28 week post 2 days before I'm 29 weeks.

How far along? 28 weeks 
Baby's size? Eggplant
Total Weight Gain: I've stopped checking, it was making me too sad. 

Bellybutton:  Still in but it's getting closer. I've never been so creeped out by my belly button!
Stretchmarks: Still only on my hips
Maternity Clothes: Yup
Gender:  I caved! Not allowed to say though
Movement: Lots! You'd think the baby didn't sleep.
Sleep: Pretty good
Symptoms: None. Finally in the 3rd trimester!
Food Aversions: Not really into red meat at the moment
Food Cravings: Chocolate. I'm not usually a chocolate person but with easter there's lots of it around.
Best Moments this week: I was lying on the couch at my mum's and she was moving and poking my stomach and the baby would kick her back. It was a lovely moment between 3 generations :)
What I miss: Nothing
What I am Looking forward to: Ultrasound tomorrow



I've just come from an OB appointment. My BP was a little high but still within normal and he's not too concerned as I was telling him how anxious I've started to become. He says that my ultrasounds have all been good and that my cervix is still at 4 so there's really no concern that I'll go into early labour anymore. He said I could stop going for ultrasound when I'm 32 weeks but if I wanted to continue them and they'd help with my anxiety then he has no problem with keeping them going. I've been thinking of cancelling them after 32 weeks but at this point I think I'll wait and see. I've been fighting with this as I know there's no reason to continue them and it's not going to change my chances of a stillbirth so what's the point other then getting to see the baby.


Stillbirth has been on my mind a lot lately. That's the main reason for my anxiety. Dan's mother had a stillbirth and after going through what we did with Hailey I don't even want to imagine what it'll do to me if anything happens to this baby. I keep reminding myself that the odds are stacked quite heavily in my (and baby's) favour but every once in a while I'll get really nervous and can feel my heart starting to race, especially if I haven't felt the baby move much.


I'm now off to the hospital to register at the maternity ward. I've been meaning to do this after every ultrasound but keep forgetting so I've decided to make an extra trip to get it done. They like you to register at 18 weeks so I'm just a little late!

No comments:

Post a Comment