Thursday, June 17, 2010

scattering ashes



Yesterday we went to Mount Warning and scattered some of Hailey's ashes. My husbands grandfather was scattered up there so we thought that would be a nice place. The trek up to the top was hard considering I hadn't done much exercise while I was pregnant other then going for walks. We went with my husband's mum who's never made it to the top. The problem with the hike is that it's ok until you are nearly at the top and then you have to climb a rock face. They installed a chain to help for you to hold onto but it's sill hard. When we got up there we found a nice spot and each took turns scattering the ashes. It was a sad moment but I felt better doing something with them instead of just having them at home. We will keep some at home but it's nice to know that she's also in Australia since that's where her dad grew up and we would've taken her here for a visit.

Our time in Australia will be over soon and I'm surprisingly sad. I didn't expect to have a good time while we were here, but I really have. This holiday has been good for both of us and hopefully everything will continue going well when we go back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment