Sunday, April 21, 2013

late or early? Retained tissue results

I thought that my period was supposed to arrive friday because that's what my chart appeared to show. I've been feeling nauseous again when eating so I decided to test on Thursday afternoon at what would've been 13 dpo. Test was negative. I took my temp Friday morning and it was still high so I knew I'd likely not get my period but put on a pad anyway since I started getting cramps on and off Thursday night. It's now Sunday but I've yet to test again.

I got excited when I saw 3 consecutive days above 97 degrees as it then showed I'd ovulated. On day 4 it dropped to 96.7 and the day after to 96.5. Day 6 it was 96.8 so I decided to take a break for a few days. On day 9 I went back to temping and it was up at 97.4 and has stayed above 97.3 ever since. This weekend I was playing with the chart and it seems to show that it really depends on what my temps were for those 2 days that I missed. Well really day 8 seems to be the deciding temp because it doesn't matter what I put in for day 7 if I leave day 8 out it changes my ovulation by a week but if I put day 8 above 97.0 it puts it back to my original ovulation day.

Basically I'm either 16 or 10 dpo. My luteal phase has always been 14 days so since my period has yet to appear I'm just assuming I ovulated at the later date and should get it sometime this week. I have no idea if there's even a possibility I could be pregnant if I ovulated later because I stopped keeping track of when we had sex once I saw I'd ovulated. We do have a chance if I ovulated at the earlier date so there's a chance (although small) that I may be pregnant.

I only have 2 tests left and I don't want to waste them so I think I'll save them until next weekend or maybe even later. I'm finding the waiting easier this time and feel like I'm less stressed then if I knew I was pregnant. I'm also starting to feel slightly worried if I am pregnant though. Will my body have had time to recover from the retained tissue?  If I ovulated at the earlier date (which is possible because my HCG was 0 for a while before I passed the tissue) it only would've been 8 days after I passed the tissue. I'm starting to feel like maybe we were a little reckless to leave it up to fate this month but in the end what's done is done and I wont get my hopes up that I am pregnant and if I am that it'll have good results. I'll try to update next weekend with either a pregnancy test or what day of my new cycle I'm in. Going to continue to temp because I feel like my period is coming (cramping) and want to be prepared for the day it arrives which the drop in temp should tell me to wear a pad.

I forgot a few weeks ago to talk about the results of the tissue sample. I was really disappointed when my doctor told me that it only confirmed that yes the tissue sample was placental. Apparently that's the only test they do on tissue that isn't fetal. Honestly if that's the only testing they were going to do then it seems like a huge waste of money because of course it was placental. I guess all it really does is confirm that yes I did have retained tissue. We now know 100% that we'll never know the cause of the miscarriage or the gender of the baby. I'd come to except that before I passed the tissue so I'm ok with it. I'm going to trust my instincts (they were right about the tissue even though doctors kept telling me it wasn't possible due to lack of HCG) that the baby was a boy. Cause? Well that I don't want to trust my instincts because right from the beginning when I heard there was no longer a heartbeat I had a feeling it was somehow heart related......

Oh that last sentence reminded me we saw a paediatrician again about Lauren. A few weeks ago we ended up at the hospital on my doctors advice to have Lauren looked over by a paediatrician. She'd had a bad cold/fever since just before we'd left Australia (3 weeks) which had started to get better then suddenly got worse with a cough, severe lethergy (she slept 90% of the day) and refusing to eat or drink. They were concerned a bacteria had taken over while her immune system was fighting off the virus. After a bunch of tests they decided that it was a virus not bacteria that took advantage and she was fighting 2 different virus' at once. She did start to get better a few days later and back to her normal self after 2 weeks. We had a follow up appointment with the paediatrician last week and I can't tell you how happy it made me feel to have him do another thorough look over and tell me that Lauren is 100% healthy. It always sits in the back of my mind that maybe they've missed something and she's not as healthy as we think or she appears. We've had issues since February with bladder infections, or really Lauren saying it hurts when she pees on and off with signs of a bladder infection in her urine yet no bacterial growth on the culture. This last time there was growth so the paediatrician says we're going to treat it as though this is her first infection as it's the first confirmed one but also keeping an eye on it. If she continues to get them we may do more testing.
Well this post is a little all over the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment