Thursday, August 25, 2011

3 weeks

It's been a while since I've had the chance to post. I start writing then get distracted and never end up finishing the post! I'm going to try to write at  least once a week. I really want to remember these days the best I can.

I weighed and measured Lauren on Tuesday ( her 3 week birthday)

She now weighs 11.3 lbs and is 23 inches long.
That means that she's gained just over 3 pounds and grew 1.5 inches ini 3 weeks!

Dan's mum went back on Tuesday and while it was great having her here she held Lauren ALL THE TIME. This means that I'm now struggling to get her to fall asleep in her basinette or even stay asleep when she's placed in her basinette. I don't really like the idea of co sleeping, mainly because I don't really trust me or Dan not to roll over but when it's 5am and you know your husband's getting up in 2 hours it's just easier. Up until last night I was having her lay on my chest but this morning I breastfed her while lying down and we both fell asleep. It was kinda nice having that quiet cuddle time with her. It's not a habit I'd like to keep but I'm starting to get really tired. She has a lot of gas and the only time she slept last night besides in bed with me was just after she let out some gas. I bought gripe water today so hopefully that'll help her feel better.

Picture of the week:


No comments:

Post a Comment