Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Poems for Hailey

I was looking through the little scrapbook my mum made for Hailey and I'd forgotten the poems that were in there. They made me cry reading them and I thought I'd share.
The first is one my mum wrote for her.

Hailey

I held you close in my arms
You were so pure and sweet
You had your mummy's dimply chin
Your daddy's nose and feet.

Memories of you
Are locked inside my heart
Though we are not together
We are never far apart

We did not get to do the things
That grandma's and granddaughters do
Like playing dolls, shopping or
Visiting monkeys at the zoo

Shine bright in the sky my little star
And I will look for you
For one day we shall have
Our tea party for two

Love Grandma


I'm not sure where she got the other poem from:

Her Journey's Just Begun

Don't think of her as gone away-
her journey's just begun,
life holds to many facets-
this earth is only one.

Just think of her as resting
from the sorrows and the tears
in a place of warmth and comfort
where there are no days and years.

Think how she must be wishing
that we could know today
how nothing but our sadness
can really pass away.

And think of her as living
in the hearts of those she touched...
for nothing loved is ever lost-
and she was loved so much.

Even just typing it out I'm crying again. I still miss her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment