Sunday, February 20, 2011

18 weeks

How far along? 18 weeks
Baby's size? Sweet potato
Total Weight Gain: 9lbs.... I've lost 2 pounds this week. 171lbs now.

Bellybutton:  in and probably will stay that way.
Stretchmarks: the colour's starting to come back in the ones from Hailey's pregnancy (on my hips)
Maternity Clothes: Mostly
Gender:  Don't think we'll find out
Movement: Lots of little kicks now
Sleep: Depends on the night.
Symptoms: Finally enjoying the second trimester
Food Aversions: None!
Food Cravings: I've been craving coffee lately. Not the caffein but the coffee taste so I've been making decaf again.
Best Moments this week: Listening to the heartbeat :)
What I miss: Nothing
What I am Looking forward to: 2 more weeks until ultrasound/echo



Dan's brother is out visiting. He arrived Friday night and they've been skiing all weekend and again tomorrow. His brother then heads down to Utah to meet up with his parents and then back to Canada to visit his inlaws (I'm assuming Dan's parents will go visit them as well.) I've been asking Dan for a couple weeks if his parents decided to go on the holiday or not and he said he didn't think they were. Then on the drive home from the airport his brother was talking about someone house sitting for them which I thought was strange since his parents live right next door. Then last night his brother asked if he'd gotten the e-mail from his mum to say they arrived in Las Vegas. I haven't talked to Dan about it yet but I'm assuming he knew they were coming out and didn't tell me to not stress me out.


I've been really worried the past few hours. I've been getting a pain in my lower right side just above my pubic bone which I'd been putting off as ligament pain and then thought it was just the baby sitting funny since it was there for 10 minutes then went away. Well when I stood up from dinner I got a REALLY sharp pain that made be double over and hold my stomach. It lasted for about 10 seconds. I know I'm probably worried for nothing but the pain is now lower down below my pubic bone and it's a constant pain. I've just checked the heartbeat and it's still going strong at 148 (although I did my whole stomach this this trying to find the placenta and I've found that i can pretty much find the baby's heartbeat anywhere on my stomach!)  


I've only just come to realize how terrified I really am to lose this baby. I'm trying not to think about it too much but I just don't know how I'd cope or if I could. I just want the pain to go away and what I'd really like is to go back to that naivety I had with Hailey's pregnancy. I want to believe that everything will be ok. I've been so happy all day because the baby's been very active and I've been enjoying feeling him/her move around and kick me. I think I've finally started to bond with the baby and now I'm just so scared to lose him/her. 
Wow having to write him/her is going to get really annoying if we make it to 40 weeks without finding out the sex!!!!! Trying to stay positive. I'm sure I'm just over reacting :)



No comments:

Post a Comment