Friday, January 4, 2013

6 weeks

I had my doctors appointment yesterday and thought I'd give an update. I'd scheduled the appointment mid cycle last month for my yearly physical and when I found out I was pregnant I decided to just keep the appointment since I have to have yearly paps done anyway. When she did the internal exam she said that it appeared my uterus was measuring correct for 6 weeks. I mentioned that I a little worried about the lack of morning sickness so she ordered an HCG with the rest of my blood work which I did this morning. Of course the nausea hit me hard this morning and I nearly threw up a few times on my way to work this morning. I'm patiently trying to wait for the results to come up online. I worked it out that if my HCG level of 262 doubled every 48 hours my levels should be somewhere around 8300. I'm not sure if this was a good thing to work out because I know it will worry me if they're under 8000. I'll add the HCG level at the end. As long as the HCG levels are consistent with where I should be there isn't a need to do an early ultrasound, which I'm ok with.

How far along? 6 weeks
Baby's size? sweet pea (I don't really feel these are always accurate)
Total Weight Gain: 141.2 (I gained 3 pounds which isn't bad considering I had 3 turkey dinner with lots of pie and birthday cake in the past 2 weeks

Bellybutton:  obviously in
Stretchmarks: 
I never got rid of my stretchmarks with pregnancies 1 and 2!
Maternity Clothes: 
no
Gender: 
don't think we'll find out
Movement: 
no
Sleep: 
sleeping's been getting better. It's hard since Lauren rarely sleep through the night.
Symptoms: 
nausea, don't think it'll be long before I'm vomiting! And of course frequently peeing.
Food Aversions: 
nothing really
Food Cravings: 
nothing
Best Moments this week: 
first doctor's visit
What I miss: 
nothing
What I am Looking forward to: 
HCG results



HCG level came back at 11652! It's right where it should be (in my opinion) and means that I'm definitely in my 6th week (week 5 only goes to 7138) although I should be exactly 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment