Tuesday, September 27, 2011

8 weeks

Weight: 13.6lbs

Well since I posted yesterday there's not much to add. I guess I'll just talk about our journey with cloth diapers. We used disposables for the first 2 weeks. I wasn't too sure what to do with the cord and then I wasn't sure if she'd fit in the diapers since they're all one size. I absolutely LOVE them. Everyone thought it wouldn't take long for me to not like having to clean them and deal with the poo but it's not a big deal with the washing and honestly there's not much difference in wrapping up the diaper to throw away and taking it apart and putting it in a bag. What we have decided is that we like the velcro a lot better then the snaps. We started off with 12 bum genius 4 (velcro) and 12 charlie banana (snaps).

Lauren pee's ALOT. Sometimes I'm not even sure how she could possibly fit that much liquid into her tiny body. The problem with this is that the diapers have started leaking. The charlie banana diapers leak during the day and the bum genius leak at night now that she sleeps 5-6 hours. I've ordered some hemp inserts online to use as boosters but they had to be ordered by the seller so I've still got about a week to wait for them. I also ordered 6 new diapers (rumparooz) which I think I like the best although I've only used them for a week. At the moment we're using disposables at night (and sometimes those leak as well) and bum genius/rumparooz during the day.
So Dan and I agree.......we both prefer cloth.

Well bed time.
Oh and since I forgot to put a pic up yesterday of Lauren at 7 weeks I'll add 2 this week :)

Relaxing in mum and dad's bed
Good thing I tried on her halloween costume...don't think it'll fit in 5 weeks :(

No comments:

Post a Comment