Monday, September 26, 2011

7 weeks

I'm sorry I haven't done her height or weight this week and since tomorrow she's 8 weeks there's no point getting it now.

We've both had a cold this week. By we I of course me Lauren and myself. For some reason Daniel very rarely gets sick. At the moment I love looking back at Lauren just after she was born. It's hard to believe how much she's grown already. I was looking at her this afternoon and mentioned to Dan that it felt like she'd gotten bigger from this morning (if that's possible!) She's also now going 5 hours at night between feeds. She eats at 8:30/9pm and then wakes up around 2am then it's back to 3 hours in between. We've tried really hard to keep a bedtime routine. We give her a bottle at 9 and then it's straight into the bassinet after she burps. Normally she's asleep by 10.

Dan and I had that conversation I've been dreading. Basically who would care for Lauren if anything should happen. Dan said that his mum has been bugging him to go and get it legal because she says that if anything were to happen to us then she'd never see Lauren again. Her saying this infuriates me. One thing I've realized about Dan's mum is she's VERY dramatic. Also if she really felt this way then you'd think she'd of put in at least a LITTLE bit of effort to be friendly or even talk to my mum while she was out visiting.

It makes me angry because my mum would NEVER keep Lauren from Dan's parents. My mum would never keep Lauren from any family member unless she felt they were a danger to Lauren and it makes me mad that Dan's mum would imply that she would. I think my parents have shown they can put their feelings aside for what's best for children considering my parents divorced when I was 3 yet they still took us on family holidays.
Well I'm going to get back to watching the Canada/Japan rugby game.

No comments:

Post a Comment