Thursday, October 24, 2013

29 weeks

How far along? 29 weeks
Baby's size? Squash

Weight gain: 
Starting Pregnancy weight: 148.6 Now: 178.8 Up 30.2 lbs
Stretch marks? 
I never got rid of my stretch marks from Hailey and Lauren
Maternity clothes? 
Yup, definitely
Gender:  Not finding out
Movement: 
All the time
Sleep: Pretty good at the moment. This baby doesn't sit on my bladder so I never wake up to pee, it's more waking up to readjust and get comfortable.

Symptoms: 
Nothing really
Food aversions: Nothing
Food cravings: Nothing
Best moments this week: Just normal feeling baby move
What I miss: Nothing, so thankful to be pregnant again
What I'm looking forward to: Continuing with the group


It's been an uneventful week for the most part. I'm pretty sure I've now torn that muscle in my stomach. While at work one day I stood up to take a patient to the back and as I was walking away our appointment book was about to fall down so I half turned and leaned to grab it. I felt the pull and what I can only describe as a tear and pop feeling. It was incredibly painful for a few hours and now the dull pain is a constant. Nothing I can really do about it though so I just suck it up and move on with my day. Some days are better then others. Although it constantly hurts the more I move and do things the more it hurts by the evening. Tuesday it hurt so much I had to get Dan to tie my shoes. I must've tried 5 times bending over, sitting down, every possible position to tie them but it hurt way too much. Most of the time the pain is manageable but I do still worry how I'm going to be able to push a baby out. My hospital doesn't do epidurals very often which I was happy about with Lauren but this time it'll be interesting because I have a feeling it'll be needed the closer I get to my due date.

Weight wise I'm feeling ok with it. I don't think I'll gain as much as last time and if I do it'll be in different areas. I still fit into my medium pants but I've switched to a large just because it's more comfortable belly wise. When I switched with Lauren it was because my thighs were getting too big, although I did start this pregnancy 12 lbs lighter. I also notice my face and arms aren't as "fatty" as they were with Lauren. I'm carrying this pregnancy very different to Lauren and Hailey so I feel like the weight is mainly belly. We shall see though.

Emotionally I'm doing ok. Still going to the group and I have nothing but positive comments to say about it. I just wish it were as easy as it has been for me to find the appropriate help and I recognize how lucky I am to have all these avenues open at no out of pocket cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment