Monday, October 10, 2011

10 weeks

Weight:  15.4 lbs (that's over 1 lbs this week!!)

We're in double digits! Wow how time has flown by. Lauren now sleeps from 9 until 4/5 am depending on the night. I'll feed/change her and put her back to bed and she then sleep for another 4 hours. Because Lauren's started skipping 2 feeds I woke up that first night very sore and needing to pump as Lauren only fed from one side. I've decided to keep this up and donate my excess milk.  BC has the only human milk bank left in Canada (or so the website says.) I know how great breast milk is for babies, especially sick babies and I think back to Hailey and what if I couldn't produce enough milk for her. That's part of my motivation to do this. Truthfully that's what makes me stay up at 5am to pump when all I want to do is sleep!

Tonight we've moved Lauren into her own room. Dan has been fighting a cough for  2 weeks and although it's much better he still occasionally wakes her up.  Lauren refuses to sleep in her crib during the day so I'm also hoping sleeping in there at night will allow her to feel ok sleeping in the crib during the day.
Honestly it terrifies me her being in another room. I know it says that having a baby in your room for the first 6 months helps reduce the chances of SIDS but Lauren's outgrowing her bassinet quickly and there isn't enough space in our room to set up the crib. I also believe that because they don't know what causes it you can do everything to reduce the risk but if it's going to happen it will happen. It took 45 minutes to get her down and me sitting in the rocker near her bed to get her to settle but she's finally asleep. I'm interested to see if this will change her sleeping habits and if she'll wake up earlier.



No comments:

Post a Comment