Friday, December 13, 2013

36 weeks

How far along? 36 weeks
Baby's size? Honeydew

Weight gain: 
Starting Pregnancy weight: 148.6 Now: 194.6  Up  46 lbs 
Stretch marks? 
I never got rid of my stretch marks from Hailey and Lauren
Maternity clothes? Yup, L pants and XL shirts

Gender:  Not finding out
Movement: 
All the time
Sleep: Baby is now sitting on my bladder so I'm up at least once a night

Symptoms: 
Braxton Hicks, sometimes painful and more frequent
Food aversions: Nothing
Food cravings: Kraft dinner
Best moments this week: Meeting my OB
What I miss: Feeling normal
What I'm looking forward to: Holding this baby in my arms


I'll start off my saying that I'm feeling and doing so much better since starting the meds 2 weeks ago. I can't believe the difference it's made and I'm so glad I made the decision to go on them.
This week has been a good week. I met with the OB yesterday and am really happy with her. She's new in town so has few patients and lots of time. My appointment yesterday took 20 minutes and there was no one waiting when I came out. I do suspect I'll be her first patient to have a baby. The maternity group didn't send over my chart so we went over my history. When I mentioned I was taking zoloft she replied "good, I was prepared to have a nice long chat with you about how it's a good idea to go on it and that it wouldn't harm the baby." I never hurts hearing that again from a 4th doctor though.
I explained that I think I'm actually further along then my Jan. 12th due date since the dates don't really work out with my positive test but when she measured my stomach she was a little concerned about the possibility I may be 37 weeks since I was barely measuring 34. She said she'd order an ultrasound to make sure everything's ok and check my previous ultrasounds when the file comes in. She then felt the baby and confirmed my suspicion, the baby is breech which is a second reason for the ultrasound too. I said I'm happy having one because I know that heart issues can arise later in pregnancy and it would be nice to double check that everything is still good. She said she'd add on the request to check the heart again but that at this late stage it can be more difficult to see anything. I mentioned that the baby has occasionally turned head down in the past, mostly overnight as I will wake up to kicks to the ribs but always within a few hours of being up the baby has turned back to breech. She said this was called an unstable (something, can't remember!) and that likely we'll try to turn the baby later and then induce right away. She always talked about if I ended up needing a c section if I'd want a tubal at the same time. I said yes. Dan and I sort of disagree in this area but I don't want to risk another pregnancy so if she's already there mine as well make it permanent. Dan will also be getting a vasectomy when he finally calls.

That's pretty much it for the week. Next week I have an appointment with the mental health nurse, my OB and then friday I've booked a prenatal massage. I'm really looking forward to that last one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment