Wednesday, May 16, 2012

3 more to go!

I weighed myself at my mum's this afternoon (where I always do) and was surprised to see 148.0! This was before I ate lunch so by the time I went home and picked up my camera it had gone up a little.

I can't believe I'm only 3 pounds away from my goal weight and almost 10 pounds lighter then I was before getting pregnant. I'm feeling a little strange about this though and am getting a little concerned with my mentality because although I'm 7 pounds lighter then I been in years I look at myself in the mirror or in pictures and am really unhappy. I still think I look fat. Maybe it's just because although I weigh less then before my body has changed. I haven't been able to lose the excess stomach so even with the extra pounds gone I can't get into some of my pre pregnancy pants and some shirts are still a little too tight around the hips for me to be comfortable wearing. I do however catch glimpses of myself in a mirror or window occasionally and think that I look great. I just wish that's what I'd see every time.

My mum and I joined a gym yesterday for 3 months. I'm happy with 145 but hoping to be able to tone a bit and hopefully lose the belly. Since I'm still doing well with losing the weight and I'm not at the perfect BMI of 22 (currently 23.3) I think I'll try to keep up with the weight loss and get to 140.0 which would give me a BMI of 21.9. I'm not going to push myself too hard to get to 140 though. I'll be happy to be 145, it's just 140 would be ideal. So with this new goal........only 8 pounds to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment